Monday, July 1, 2013

Our Trailer

The Money Pit!
Every year Marlon and the kids celebrate my birthday by taking me camping in Utah. For the last two years we've rented either a trailer or a Motor Home. This year I thought it would be a great idea to buy a trailer because it costs the same as renting one twice. I thought it would be feasible if we went camping just two times. Little did I know how much it was going to cost just to get it up and running! Here it is...


Okay...Our beauty is a 1986, 28' Nomad travel trailer


This is the living room area. I washed all the screens, windows, and replaced all the padding. It smelled stuffy, but with all the window coverings and foam gone, it doesn't have a smell anymore!


This is the kitchen and dining area. The stove works great, as does the plumbing, but the refrigerator doesn't work at all. We will need to replace it at some point. 


This is the 'bedroom'. We replaced the mattresses with foam because the mattresses seemed a little suspect. The foam is perfect.  


Another view of the kitchen area.


It has a large shower and it works nice.


The commode and the sink, they both work fine, the bathroom also has a large closet with drawers in it.

All in all, I think it was a good purchase. We love to camp and owning our trailer makes it easier to go when we get the opportunity. The two things needing fixed are the water heater and the refrigerator. The stove, electricity, propane, and water all work fine. We are very happy with our purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment